Cabarrus County is home to the Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College, the Cabarrus Early College of Technology and the Cabarrus Health Science Institute. Students will need to select each early college they wish to apply to on the application. If a student only applies to Cabarrus Tech, then they will only be considered for Cabarrus Tech. Students that apply to all three schools will be considered by all 3. If the student is offered admission into multiple early colleges, the student will decide which offer to accept.
• Must be a resident of Cabarrus County (Those living in the Kannapolis City Schools District can ONLY apply to Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College.)
• Must apply during 8th grade year. (For students currently enrolled in a Cabarrus County high school that want to take community college classes, they should contact their school counselors and ask about the Career and College Promise Program.)
• Application - Students will complete the application online from the Cabarrus County Schools - School Choice website. Students will only need to fill out one application for all 3 early colleges, but must select which early college they want to apply to.
• Interviews - As part of the application process, both the students and parents must participate in an interview. Applicants will be contacted to schedule the interviews. If students apply to more than one program, they will need to do interviews at each early college applied to.
• Notification - After all interviews are completed, all applicants are notified on their Scribble account as to the status of their application.
Please attend with your middle school if possible. You will see the following at:
5:30-6pm Club Fair
| Harris Road / Northwest Cabarrus / Concord / Roberta Road / CVA /
Charter, Private, and Home Schools
6:30-7pm Club Fair
Hickory Ridge /J. N. Fries / Mt. Pleasant / C.C. Griffin / Winkler